SPRINT moves you! We ensure your mobility for independency.
– Maintaining the independency and mobility of (older) citizens and restoring their independency and mobility will contribute to maintaining the high standards and the accessibility of health care in the future, with affordable costs and number of health care workers.
– To remain a sustainable society, new innovative forms of healthcare with the application of new technologies, are crucial.
– Research must be user-driven, personalised and interactive instead of technology-driven: the needs of the individual patient are essential, not the latest technologies that can be applied.
– Health must be seen as proposed by M. Huber (‘Towards e new, dynamic concept of Health.
– Behavioural change strategies are essential for optimal implementation. These strategies should make people to take responsibility for their own health.
– Developments to promote self-management and social participation are supported by technology, like Telemonitoring, Serious gaming, Assistive Technology, Robotics.
The central aim of SPRINT is realizing Smart Mobility Devices: smart technical solutions to help especially elderly people to longer maintain their independent mobility, both at home and at work. The devices include self-sensing systems to determine who is at risk, intervention systems to restore independency and ICT-systems for data transport and analysis. Intervention systems range from feedback via serious games that train balance to prostheses and orthoses. Increased mobility and independency through preventive and curative devices contributes to a true health care system which is sustainable in terms of finances and number of health care workers.